St. Viator’s “Kid Care” program offers before and after school supervision. It's a fantastic option for working parents, or those in need of occasional backup care. The Kid Care staff takes excellent care of your child while providing homework space, snack time and a variety of activities.
In fact, many a child has actually complained to their parents about picking them up too early! That's a testament to Mrs. Connie and her great team of caregivers.
Kid Care registration forms must be completed before children can be admitted into the program. Children attending Kid Care must be students of St. Viator School. The Kid Care program is only in operation when school is in attendance. There is no Kid Care if there is an emergency closing day.
There is a $10.00 registration fee per child. Click here to download Kid Care registration forms and the Kid Care Weekly Payment Form. A printable version of general Kid Care Information can be found here.
HOURS AND FEES
7:00-8:00 a.m. Before school care is located in the lunchroom of the school building.
- $5.00 per day per child
- Cereal, toast and juice are served each morning as part of our program. Students are encouraged to have something to eat before going up to their classes.
3:00-6:00 p.m. After school care is located in the lunchroom of the school building.
- $10.00 per day for the first child
- $8.00 per day for each additional child
- An after school snack will be offered to each child
11:30-6:00 p.m. Early Dismissal: Kid Care is available on half days
- $16.00 for the first child
- $12.00 for each additional child
- Please note the higher fee does not include morning Kid Care
- Children are required to supply their own lunch on these days (hot lunch is not provided). Kid care offers a pizza lunch (pizza and a drink) ordered from a nearby pizzeria. The cost of this lunch is $4.00 and must be paid in cash prior to the ½ day.
LATE FEES: $10.00 for every fifteen minutes
The Kid Care program is open until 6:00 p.m. each day we are in session. At 6:01 p.m., late fee charges become effective. Late fees are to be paid in cash immediately and to the attendant caring for your child. Kid Care employees are not paid by St. Viator after 6:00 p.m. Kid Care does not refund money or credit accounts from week to week.
- Payments are due on Monday morning of the week that your child is to attend Kid Care. Payments should be made in the form of a check or money order and made payable to St. Viator Kid Care. All payments must include the weekly attendance form.
- In case of illness, parents will be contacted and expected to pick up their child as soon as possible. We do not have provisions for children to lie down, nor can we dispense medicine.
- Each child registered in Kid Care must be covered under a medical insurance policy.
- Children will not be allowed to leave Kid Care to participate in other school activities without proper written authorization with a parent signature.
- Children will be released only to authorized persons on the Kid Care Release Form.
- Kid Care is an extension of the school and proper behavior is mandatory. Kid Care reserves the right to exclude any child whose needs cannot be met.
- Kid Care provides a snack to each child in the program. The daily fee pays for this snack.
- Kid Care Phone Number: (773) 283-5880
- The Kid Care phone is for business use only. Please refrain from calling Kid Care to speak to your child. The phone should be used for emergencies only.